We are about to go into 2022 and I thought sharing some of these nuggets of wisdom from Derek Sivers can inspire you to live a great year ahead.
1. If it’s not important, never do it. If it’s important, do it every day.
2. We overestimate what we can do in one year. We underestimate what we can do in ten years.
3. Marry someone you don’t want to change, who doesn’t want to change you.
4. Marriage is for getting through the times when you’re not in love.
5. The smart choice is sales. It will always be valuable. Learn to sell, and you can go anywhere. You’ll be paid well at any age.
6. If you’re not embarrassed by what you thought last year, you need to learn more and faster.
7. Offer products, not a personal service, so your business can run without you.
8. Instead of making a key, then looking for a lock, find something locked, then make its key.
9. Investing is easy unless you try to beat the market.
10. If you aim to be comfortable, you won’t get rich. But if you aim to be rich, you’ll also be comfortable.
PS: There were so much wisdom in his book How to Live but I forced myself to give just 10 maxims.